Friday, April 3, 2015

Greenwood Ridge Dragons/100 Point Team/Greenwood Ridge Vineyards/100 Point Pinot Noir

Allan Green is famous for many things.Playing Center field for the Greenwood Ridge Dragons World Champion Baseball Team,AND making world class wines at Greenwood Ridge Vineyards.We have three wines for you two Pinot Noirs and an incredible Sav Blanc.Care To join me?First let's hit a few in the cage,then check out the tasting notes for these great wines.Here is a little background on the "Dragon"..."I can't remember the first wine I ever had, but I'll never forget the first time I saw the fire breathing dragon that inspired our package design. "My father's San Francisco architectural office was also the West Coast office of Frank Lloyd Wright for more than twenty years. My father gave the original dragon sculpture to the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation in 1959. It is still on prominent display at Taliesin West in Scottsdale, Arizona. I took the photograph to the left when I was twelve. "The dragon was originally intended to be a fountain, but Mrs. Wright had the dragon fitted with a propane tank so it could breathe fire. "I created our current package, featuring a stylized dragon, as a tribute to my father, Aaron G. Green. I think he would have loved it."2013 Pinot Noir Our estate bottled Pinot Noir blossoms into a bouquet of spices, starting with clove and ginger, anchored by sweet leather an supple black cherry. The texture is pure cold climate Pinot Noir --sensual and slinky.The Hundred Point name comes from a rocky promontory on the nearby Mendocino coast, where, legend has it, one hundred ships have been wrecked. Only two barrels of our 2012 Pinot Noir were selected for the Hundred Point Pinot Noir blend,so we were able to produce just 50 cases. Let's stop talking and star with the food and wine pairings!!Without Delay!Allan Green has a glass for each of us.Let's join the man with the wine...AND the bat and glove.Cheers! Click here and by the way...you will need two glasses for this tasting. Click here spring time is made for Sav Blanc.Let's open that bottle!.

No comments: